Sunday, April 24, 2011

30 Before 30 - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

15 down, 15 to go! I'm officially at the 1/2 way mark! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! As a quick recap, here are the books I've read up until now in chronological order:

Wuthering Heights
The Count of Monte Cristo
Catcher in the Rye
Crime and Punishment
Where the Sidewalk Ends
To Kill a Mocking Bird
The Great Gatsby
Little Women
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
The Bible
A Clockwork Orange
Memoirs of a Geisha
Gone With the Wind
Nineteen Eighty-Four
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe


I had to ditch the little step stool that has graced every photo since the first book...the books started falling over - that's a good sign, right? I'm 8 months in, and I have 15 months left, so I am WAY ahead of the curve. Looks like I might end up having to read War and Peace after all...I was really counting on running out of time at book #29.

Ok - onto the important stuff...let's talk about The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. For those of you who have read it, I want you to know that I didn't plan to read it during Easter, but clearly God planned it that way.

If you don't know anything about the book, it closely lines up with the death and resurrection of Jesus except that it's a fantasy world and the Messianic figure is a lion named Aslan. In short, it is a fairy tale about sacrifice, grace, forgiveness, and redemption. It is really touching, which is especially amazing considering that it is written for children. I can't wait for Sadie to read it when she gets older!

Thank goodness I finally got to read a book where the protagonist wins...it was about stinking time.

Next Book: Jane Eyre

A very Happy Easter to you and yours!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sooo, this is a super old post, but I had to say .... that I'd read The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe a bunch of times and seen the movies, but just recently my husband convinced me to read the entire Chronicles of Narnia (plus it's on the BBC list ya know). And I did .... and I'd have to say that I enjoyed almost every other book in the Chronicles more than LW&W (which is still a great book). The entire series is really worth a read, once you're 30 of course :-)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...