Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Provision

Remember back in November when I talked about unemployment?

I said that we weren't sweating unemployment because we had a little bit of savings (which is quickly running dry), a supportive family, a God who provides, and a general contentment that we were hoping would carry us through until the right opportunity opened up.

I interviewed at multiple places - all of which would have been wonderful, but I turned down every other place without looking back when I was offered the Assistant General Manager position at a local radio station.  I thought I would be excited to start working, but I didn't realize how excited I would be.  You know when you find the right fit (spouse, job, car, new blouse), you just KNOW it?  That's how this was.

My first day is tomorrow, and I'm scouring fashion blogs for wardrobe inspiration.  (Kendi Everyday is my favorite...if you don't follow her, you should.  And not just because her name is Kendi).  I'm used to wearing jeans...I know it's radio, but I still feel like I need to try a little, right?  Also, Mama was right when she said to err on the side of overdressed.  Always do that, k? {life lessons from Kendra.  And her mom.}

I wanted this job from the first time I interviewed with them in September of last year.  I knew it would be amazing, but due to a series of unforeseeable circumstances at the station, the position was a little in limbo for several months.  I thought it was a lost cause until I got a call back a few months after my phone interview letting me know that everything had shaken out and they were ready to continue the hiring process.  Long story short, the fit was mutually great - at least that's the impression I get by the fact that they are bringing me on board.  I didn't get the job when I thought the time was right, I got the job when God said it was time.  By the way, in a hilarious twist, I was offered the job on the day of the Mayan apocalypse.  A day I will truly NEVER forget for multiple fabulous reason - this being one of them.

What's even more awesome?

We didn't starve between November and today.  We have a place to live.  We are living with my in-laws who have completely altered their lives so that our family will be comfortable.  We STILL have a little money in our savings account.  I mean...it needs some replenishing, but it's there.

We have been 100% provided for the entire step of the way.

I'm so excited about tomorrow I might burst.  If you've been praying for us, thank you.


7 comments:

  1. Exciting!! Can't wait to hear more about it!! God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you that you have found this job you are excited about and wish you a wonderful first day tomorrow!
    thank you for the way you write and look at thinks, it makes me look at certain things in another way sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!! Sounds like a fun and awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog a couple of weeks back via pinterest, and have totally stalked you since then by way of reading RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING OF YOUR BLOG to todays post :-) It feels kinda like I took a major crash course in your life, but I'm glad I did. Glad to be up-to-date so I can enjoy the blog in 'real-time'! Mel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - I feel like I need to apologize that my life is so boring :) Glad you're all caught up!

      Delete
  5. Kendra!
    So happy for you.

    God is awesome in his timing and what he gives us!

    also- we will have to quilt on a weekend

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...